Friday, November 21, 2014

Bed Rest...

So after my last post things continued to go well until last Tuesday.  I went to work as normal, around 10am I noticed some spotting.  I wasn't too concerned about it because it wasn't a lot, and I had heard it was fairly common.  I text my sister Sandi, and she said to monitor it but I should for sure call the doctor just to be on the safe side.  So on my lunch break I called the Dr and they said for me to come in and do a non stress test and talk with the Dr.  I was a little nervous at that point because the baby seemed not to be moving as much.  I called Kyle and he met me at the Dr's office.  We were taken back and they did the non stress test first.  The baby had a strong healthy heart beat, and all my anxiety melted away.  After that we went to talk to the dr.  He talked with us a bit and then said things were looking good and it could just be random that I spotted.  He said he wanted to check the cervix and make sure all was good there and then we would be good to go.  That exam took about 5 seconds.  He immediately said that it looked like the baby was really low, and I was already dialating to a 2.  My head started to kind of spin and I was super confused as to how this was happening.  Our Dr was amazing and talked to us about they baby coming early and helped ease my concerns.  He then said he wanted me on bed rest and started me on medication to help the labor to quit progressing.  I also had a steroid shot, which I have to admit was one of the worst shots I have ever gotten.  We did two rounds of the shots to help the baby's lungs and digestive system develop a bit more. 

Once we returned home we of course called our family to let them know what was going on.  My sister Sandi, who has had two pre-term babies, has been an amazing help and comfort thru all this.  Kyle's family has brought in meals, the ward has brought in meals, the YW are coming to walk my dog. Having most of my family in AZ, I have received tons of texts & calls letting me know they are thinking about me.  We feel incredibly blessed and loved.  We know that Heavenly Father is watching out for this sweet little baby we are going to welcome in to our home.  Kyle and I cannot express the gratitude and love we feel towards all these amazing people.  We know that there is a higher probability that I will deliver early, and that can cause complications, but we have felt calm reassurances that things will be ok, and that the Lord is mindful of our situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment