Monday, December 10, 2012

So it's been a while eh?  Things have gotten busy in the Heaton household during 2012.  We are still living in Sandy UT and we love it.  We are both close to our jobs, like within 5 mins close.  I am still working at Dr.Young's Dental office and Kyle is still with UltraDent, but in a different department.  He was able to apply for a job in their IT dept, he got the job in March and has loved it ever since.  I started going back to school, and yes this is like the 4th time I am going to college.  This time I am pretty sure I am going to love the field I go in to, because I already work there.  I am about a year away from completing my pre reqs for dental hygiene school.  My hardest classes are yet to come in these next few semesters, one step at a time.  Kyle is about 3 years away from completing his masters and is now officially at the U of U.  He is liking his classes thus far, and can't wait to see what lies ahead!My sister Kami was married in April, to a man she loves very much.  It was a quick courtship and engagement and they have had lots of trials but seem to be making it thru.  Sandi and PJ are now practicing dentistry with PJ's brother Adrian, in Provo.  I'm just glad they are still in UT.  It has been so much fun having them close and getting to see their kids more often.




 It is hard to believe how fast this year has flown by.  I feel like it just started and here we are at the end again.   We were teaching the 10-11 year old class in primary, in the Riverbend Ward, but our ward was split about a month ago and now we both have new callings.  Kyle is in the Young Men's presidency as first counselor and I am the achievement day co-chair.  We still live in Windmill Cove apartments.  In October we put an offer in on a house, it is a short sale so we are still waiting to find out what the bank decides.  We would be thrilled to get it but if not, no biggie :)
  We also celebrated our 2nd anniversary in November!  We went to Disneyland and spent two wonderful days at the most magical place on earth.  It was so nice just to be able to go and do what we wanted when we wanted to. Dinner at the Blue Bayou was at the top of our list of things to do.  I was able to make reservations and while we were there we got anniversary pins and free dessert.  It flew by and before we knew it we were home.  Thanksgiving was a blast at Sandi and PJ's house.  They went all out.  It was so much fun to have our first "grown up" Thanksgiving.  This Christmas we are all going to the in-laws.  We will get to spend all of Christmas with Kyle's family.  LOVE this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! An update! :) I'm making a New Year's Resolution for you for 2013...blog more than once. Good luck! Haha. Sounds like you had a fun year! Hope you hear back on your house soon. That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete